The role of electrician at UK Electrical is challenging, secure and financially rewarding.
We employ installation electricians. As such you will not be working in a domestic setting, but in the construction industry and as an electrician in the construction industry, you will play a vital role in the installation testing, fault rectification and commissioning of different electrical systems, such as mains voltage power and lighting.
An electrician will also work on a variety of equipment such as distribution boards, switches, isolators, motors and their control systems. You will ensure equipment is installed in line with specific manufacturers’ instructions to a high standard and within contractual deadlines.
Some basic skills are required:
- You must be a JIB graded electrician
- You must be capable of working with a team, so communication skills are important
- You must have a working knowledge of science and mathematics as you will be working from scale drawings
- You must be capable of working from specifications
- You will need to carry out cable-size calculations
- You will be working with your hands so you need to be practical
- You must have a safe and methodical approach to working
As an electrician at UK Electrical you could be working on outdoor construction sites in all weather conditions, or working inside commercial premises. Site conditions can be hot and humid to freezing cold, depending on the season, and from dusty, dirty and noisy to clean and quiet, depending on the location.
The contracting industry is a journeying industry, so it will be necessary to travel outside your local area for work, or to stay overnight in accommodation for the duration of the contract, and possibly work unsociable hours.
A driving licence and car is mandatory for all site staff.
Working at height on different forms of access equipment, for example scaffolding, scissor lifts and boom machines will be necessary.
You will be provided with personal protective equipment (PPE), which you will be required to wear at all times / for specific tasks, including:
- Safety helmet
- Safety boots
- Protective glasses / goggles
- Ear defenders
- High visibility vest